Thursday 9 February 2012

Read the HEROIC Stories from our courageous friends!

Ridhwan: (The FlowRider)




 I dunno whether it's consider courageous but hey just wanna share my story lol...

I started flowriding on early Dec 2010 on the FlowBarrel instead FlowRider (my late fren psych me into this). On the FlowBarrel , there are 6 levels of the wave power.

Then on 15 Jan 2011 - The day I was trying out for the LeveL 6, I was almost into the barrel when I lost balance n pushed the board away from me. Due to that, I was pulled up n unbalanced.

Then I was like in a washing machine (seriously I kid u not). I was supposed to curl myself/protect myself like ball but I didn't. Then I fell down straight to the ground like a shoulder block. Hit my left shoulder n it was dislocated n i was flat onto the ground... hahaha what an experience.

Moral of the story - Listen to instructions. They can save you :)


Hisyam: (The Rock Climber)




 I'm a rock climber. I havent had any major injuries but watch your fingers. Arthritis and tendon pulls are common injuries that has affected many climbers including myself. Joint rubs helps. But the best way is to warm those fingers up before climbing i guess. Stretching helps too! 

Sazali: (The Mountain Biker)




Mettle Games, Polygon Urban Downhill 2011 at Singapore Flyer.

The last drop from 2nd floor of Singapore Flyer to land on a receiver about 2 meters down to get to finish line at 1st floor. I wasn't able to build enough speed and landed front wheel first before I crashed upper body first on the receiver. I escaped with minimal injury. However a fellow friend broke his collarbones but is now fully recovered.

DRAK Bike Park Downhill Challenge January 2012.

Offroad terrain. Landed a 3ft drop perfectly before having to execute a sharp corner and entering a rock garden. Front wheel lost traction and smacked into a rock and was thrown off bike. Broke my fullface helmet and have bruises on my back but am alright. 

It's a habit that when we fall, riders like to pick themselves back up and finish the race and only to realise the degree of seriousness of their injury once the pain kicks in. 


It's a sport that many would consider extreme. But take a look at soccer, people break their bones too but it's not extreme isn't it? All sports have their own injuries and that's a fact we cannot change.

1 comments:

S-Track said...

Wow!

9 February 2012 at 09:04

Post a Comment

]